See the first post in July or choose a specific one!

Monday, October 4, 2010

A New Song

(Today, we have a special guest, Rovert the inter-dimensional version of Trevor! He will be acting as a narrator and friend!)
You know, for years now I've played guitar, and I have not gotten any better at it. (He isn't kidding.) Meh, no biggie really. Still, you would think that after a while I would be able to get the hang of it a bit better than I do now. Anypoo, thats not the point. Let me tell you a little story. You ready? Grab your hot cocoa and snuggie, and sit your butt down.(Gasp! He said butt!)
A bud told me of an old instrument that he had, and how he had gotten back into it. He also asked me if I had any interest in the little mini one he had given me a while back. I did, but I had lost it. (great way to treat a gift, huh?) He seemed so excited about it, that I just had to give a whack at it again.
"Alright," I thought, "I can find it again and give it a try."
So, after a bit, it was found. (His little brother found it. Bribery pays.) However, It had a chipped up paint job. So I decided to to whittle away the busted up part, and get this little instrument back to looking great. So I did. After hours of working with my knife, the clouds opened up and the sun shone brightly on my life as I completed the work! I cleaned up the mess, and proudly toted the instrument around. That night, I lay down to rest till the morning. Alas, morning came, but not to the peaceful serenity of the whispers of my new friend, but rather to the heartbreaking stab of shattering. Yes, the death of my new found friend was inevitable as he fell from his perch early in the new day. Thus, his shards scattered themselves thoroughly across my floor, and my hopes for him followed close behind.

In other words, it slipped out of my pocket when I rolled over and smashed against the floor and I was sad.
That is the story of my first Ocarina, the newest addition of my heart. Its gone now, but there is a happy ending to this tale. You see, once that happened, I emailed the above mentioned bud about the situation. I told him to stop expecting to hear of my experiences, due to the fact that I broke it. He later emailed me and told me he had bought me a gift package of Ocarinas, and that it was on its way! Woot!
It was a little late to convince him not to do it. They were bought and shipped, and now I have them. A note explained:
"Hope you like. Maybe it will give you something to do in Africa if boredom creeps up! Oh, yeah, and I hope they don't break."
So, thanks, bud! I'll enjoy them every day!

Who ever knows what an Ocarina is, raise thy hand. No one, really? Hey, you don't count, you googled it. Well I'll go ahead and introduce you to my new little family members so you can have a chance to get to know them! (Getting creepy yet?)
Oi. Well it seems as thought the picture part isn't working at this time. So for now, go to my flickr page and click on my 'Ocarina' collection. There you'll find my dear little ones.
(seriously now. Getting creepy.)

7 comments:

  1. Wow never heard about Ocarina, but do you know how to play it? Well I think just hearing the instrument would be worth the trip from East to West of Uganda! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I googled it, and I acctually knew what kind of instrument it is, think I even have one myself, just didn't know the english name for it. hehe.. but now I know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anon, I'm not quite there yet. I leave in a week!
    Dear Amanda, Howdy. :] I just started learning how to play it, and I must be honest, it is amazingly fun! It has such a wonderful, smooth sound. May I ask what it is called in your language?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is called "lergök" in swedish! :) hihi

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY!!! I know i already said... buuuuuuuut i wanted to say it again to make up for the fact that i couldn't say it in person. :] gonna miss ya anime fanatic! enjoy Uganda! and Japan! DONT COME BACK! Jk. >:3

    ReplyDelete