See the first post in July or choose a specific one!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Things I will and will not miss

Holy snapple. Its windy today. The past couple days, really. Anypoo. This post, I'll blog about the different things I'm going to miss when I head to Africa, and of course the things that I will not miss. Where should I start?

LIST TIME! I love lists. They're great. Unless its a list of things to do. I hate those. 
Things I'll miss/notmiss, version 1.0! (FYI, I'm not going to mention the normal things like family and such, because that is a given. So if I didnt mention you, dont get all fisticuffs with me)

I'll miss: Watching t.v. on the living room floor at moms feet while she sits on the couch. Its my spot.
I wont miss: That one board of the fence that I painted the wrong color. Stupid thing.
I'll miss: The cooler weather. I prefer coolerness.
I wont miss: The 'im stupid' feeling you get when you realize you forgot your lunch at the front door while you're out in service.
I'll miss: Going down my walkway to my front door, and jumping over the bushes onto the porch.
I wont miss: The 'Alaskan winter sun' that is always RIGHT in my eyes when driving to service early in the morning.
I'll miss: My Futon.
I wont miss: My feather down blanket that spreads 1000 feathers across my room every morning.
I'll miss: Running up/down the stairs at mach 4.
I wont miss: Tripping on said stairs at said speed.
I'll miss: The sound of opening our fridge. Its a heavenly noise.
I wont miss: The sound of mom saying 'dont stand there with the fridge open."
I'll miss: Driving on a warm summer day with the windows rolled down.
I wont miss: The breakup season.
I'll miss: Getting texts from random people and not knowing who they are.
I wont miss: Meeting someone who knows me but I dont know them.
I'll miss: The 'my hometown' feeling.
I wont miss: The 'my hometown' feeling.
I'll miss: Nina.
I wont miss: Getting things thrown at me. (See above person)
I'll miss: The Alaskan autumn. Suuuuuuuuuuuch a perfect season to me.
I wont miss: The darkness. Darky, blackness, dark.
I'll miss: Not sweating all the time.
I wont miss: Scaring people with the pure flash of white when I take off my shirt.
I'll miss: My friends.
I wont miss: Twilight.
I'll miss: My family.
I wont miss: My family when I want to sleep in.
I'll miss: Checking the mail. I love the walk from my house to the box.
I wont miss: My crazy neighbors. Freaks.
I'll miss: Energy drinks.
I wont miss: Expensive coffees. They cost too much.
I'll miss: Being very, very comfortable in my congregation.
I wont miss: Work. :]
I'll miss: Paychecks. :[
I wont miss: The sinking feeling that I'm wasting my life doing something anyone could accomplish. (long story, poorly explained)
I'll miss: Direct, helpful guidance from people I thoroughly trust.
I wont miss: The 'Trevyboy' syndrome. (Long story)
I'll miss: My Guitar.
I wont miss: Stubbing my toe on my futon.
I'll miss: The smell of my room.
I wont miss: Justin Beiber.
I'll miss: Singing loudly in the car. (when alone)
I wont miss: When I accidentally buttdial someone while I'm singing loudly in the car.
I'll miss: My sister's sense of style.
I wont miss: That mysteriously nasteyjunk smell in my car.
I'll miss: Mountain Dew.
I wont miss: Homesickness.
I'll miss: My dog, Allie.
I wont miss: Breaking a string on my guitar. Such a tragic, heartbreaking moment.

Well that's it for this version. If it comes to me, or I care enough, I might add another. So, what do you think? What should my next post be about? I'm out of ideas for the moment...
Comments?

8 comments:

  1. Hi! Just found your blog, and have read everything. I thought that this blog were intresting and refreshing to read and encouraged me even more in my decision to need great in Uganda. Me and my friends are going to Mbale in the east of Africa. Who knows maybe we'll meet in Africa :)

    I also have a blog, ugandamanda.blogg.se so that I can keep my friends and family at home updated about my life in Uganda. (but a warning, it's in swedish) ;)

    Hope everything works out for you, and you get safe to Uganda.
    Brotherly love
    /amanda - a sister from sweden

    ReplyDelete
  2. in the east of Uganda, i mean***

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, how encouraging! I'm so happy for you and your friends for the opportunity to expand your service to Jehovah like this!
    I wish that I could read your blog, but I am clueless to Swedish, haha. Thank you, though, for reading mine! Maybe we will meet, who knows? Uganda isn't nearly as big when you have a spiritual family such as ours!

    Warm Christian Love and the BEST of wishes for your new life in Uganda,
    Trevor B~, a brother from Alaska. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your list! It made me laugh so hard and then kinda sad. I've been rather homesick this week :( My biggest "I miss" is the chatter and laughter at family dinners. My only advice is to remember why you are where you are. But also know you'll be missed :)
    Celina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Celina. Great advice, as I'm sure I'm going to be in the dumps every now and then. I'll miss a lot more than I'll be missed, thats for sure. (Does that make any sense?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Wonderful list! I think the buttdial while singing loudly is my favorite(...and the tripping on the stairs)! Justin Bieber is my least favorite, simply because I won't have the opportunity to not miss him. I wonder if I could get him to follow you to Africa for a few months, hmm...MUAAHAHA (*v*)0

    We'll be cheering you on!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, wait-- did I get TWO mentions in there...?! Awww... I miss you already, you know... Godspeed, big little brother.
    Nina <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nina!! Thank you, and of course you get two mentions! Love you and miss you!
    Fare winds and following seas, mate!

    ReplyDelete