See the first post in July or choose a specific one!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Long time no write

Wow. Two weeks later, here I am. Hehe, I havent really written in a while, have I? Ok, let me update a few things.

September 1st is a big day. Why is that?
September 1st marks 3 things.
1. I have been Pioneering for 6 continual years, and now I am in my 7th year. (M.S. for 5 years)
2. My bud since youth, Jace Shaffer, starts out his life as a Pioneer today.
3. It now marks 6 weeks until I leave for Uganda.

That may seem like something little, but really its a nostalgic day. Listening to tunes from the past on Pandora and looking around at the things I will be leaving aid to a slightly depressing, reflective, and confusing day. Couple that with having just talked to one of the longtime sisters in my hall (In her 90's)  as she told stories of the beginning of the work on the Kenai Peninsula, thus making me realize just how far we have come in Alaska alone, and how far we will go in our lives if we allow Jehovah's spirit to move us. Whew. What a day.

I never understand what this emotion I have right now is. Its a mix of sad, happy, worried, stressed, excited, longing, and ready. "Yellow" by Coldplay just came on, and that brings back a lot of memories from Bethel. My Coordinator used to dance like the lead singer from Coldplay, singing along to all the songs he knew. He was a hyper guy, come to think of it. I would sing the chorus (its all I knew) when it came up just so he wouldn't feel bad. He loved it, and it usually made my day.

I just got back from the District convention. "Remain Close to Jehovah." Only Jehovah knows how much I needed that...my goodness it was perfect timing. To see him literally reach down and give me exactly what I need is almost frightening, to be honest. I also had a chance to meet so many of the friends I missed since NY, and I made so many more friends than I already have. All ages, all backgrounds, all with that same love for Jehovah. You really leave me speechless sometimes, Jehovah...

3 comments:

  1. Look at u Trevor!!! You came a long way in alot of ways! Keep going kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how timely Jehovah is in his work, he gives us what we need when we need it most. You have truly given Jehovah the first fruits of your labor and youth. Such a refreshing sight to see!!
    Keep up the fine fight and Jehovah will continue to bless you greatly!! Your an encouragment to many youths!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Zech, and you too, Sharkie! I appreciate the comments! Its good to know that there are people reading along, honestly. :]

    ReplyDelete